The HR Manager shall oversee all aspects of Human Resources practices and processes. He/She will support business needs and ensure the proper implementation of company strategy and objectives.
The goal is to promote corporate values and enable business success through human resources management, including job design, recruitment, performance management, training & development, employment cycle changes, talent management, and facilities management services.
- Provides performance management guidance and support to the various strategic business unit leaders through coaching and career development. Acts as the process leader for various HR initiatives on performance management process and employee career development.
- Works with country General Managers of Philippines and Brunei and Tech One Global CEO in creating people plan for all the SBUs, global teams and various departments. Acts as the point person for talent management processes for employees within the business and provides thought-leadership on issues that may have significant impact on the operations and performance of Tech One Philippines & Brunei.
- Ensures that management and leads are improving their work processes and team structures with the main objective on improving overall efficiency of the business units they belong to.
- Supports the implementation of the business’ strategies across all levels. Works with top management and provides input on workforce planning, business unit restructures, ensuring that core HR processes are applied appropriately and in a legally compliant manner.
- Develops strategies for people management and talent management for key positions and for stakeholders. Works with management in developing plans for the business in order to guarantee that resources are managed strategically.
- Analyzes trends in partnership with the SBU heads in order to develop and enhance solutions, processes, and programs that address current problems and avoid future ones.
- Conducts research regularly, keeps up-to-date on trends and best practices by regularly attending HR conferences and avails ways to add value to the business by providing proactive solutions for people management which will help in the achievement of overall business goals.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues through counseling, mediation, corrective and disciplinary actions. Acts as the primary consultant of managers and line leaders on Labor Laws, DOLE and other government compliance and management best practices. Liaises and coordinates legal issues with the business’ legal counsel on more complex employee relations matters.
- Collaborates with other country HR in determining approaches to matters of recruitment, compensation and other HR functions in order to ensure that programs in place are effective and efficient. Actively participates in global HR meetings and contributes to the formulation of solutions for HR and business-wide challenges. Ensures programs and policies in place are implemented properly in Philippines and Brunei.
- Works collaboratively with departmental heads throughout the business, assisting them in understanding compensation and rewards programs, training and development programs, and aiding in the indoctrination of proper management and communication practices.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of country legal requirements related to the day-to-day management of employees preventing or reducing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Ensures relevant regulatory requirements are complied with in a timely manner.
- Provides SBU heads further support by acting as primary source of information on relevant HR processes and procedures.
- Performs similar duties as may deem necessary for the proper execution of duties, or responsibilities delegated by the General Manager – Philippines, General Manager – Brunei and the CEO.
- Proven working experience as HR manager or other HR executive
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- BS/MS degree in Human Resources or related field