UNILAB: A SHIFT INTO CONTENT SERVICES
UNILAB is the largest pharmaceutical company in Southeast Asia, with HQ in the Philippines. This giant accounts for 25% or $875M of the $3.5B local industry and is a growing presence in Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, and China. In 2017, UNILAB was using multiple DMS. The challenge was to:
- Find an Enterprise Content Management Solution (ECM) to handle millions of digital assets of this 70-year old company, streamline document workflows and integrate it into a secure and centralized system;
- Secure document workflows within the Legal, Medical Affairs, and Credit Operations departments which handles sensitive files: invoice & collection, R&D papers, secret formulas, and legal documents.
- The company was using Documentum and SharePoint (SP) Online. SP features were not being maximized.
- UNILAB required compliance to ISO and Data Privacy Act;
- The company tapped other technology solutions provider but was not successful did not reach these objectives.
WHY ENADOC? WHY TOG?
While several DMS and competing platform providers were evaluated by these companies, Enadoc stood out:
- It is the only solution that offers the flexibility of subscription-based cloud, on private cloud, or on-premise solutions;
- Enadoc runs on Azure service components: App Services, SQL & Storage, Data Management, Virtual Machines, Networking. Azure is the only data privacy compliant platform in the market;
- Built in are: A user-friendly interface, powerful document/Image capture from any format/whichever state is it in, library indexing, records management, user & permission controls, keyword search, dynamic redaction, and disaster recovery;
- It seamlessly integrates with Microsoft Content Services Platforms: SP, O365 (i.e. Outlook and Flows) and third-party business apps & systems: ERP, CRM, HRMS, or legacy applications, converting it into an end-to-end ECM solution;
- Enadoc is continuously evolving to address client’s on-the-go needs. Its companion app Enadoc 365 on Android & IOS allows direct capture/uploads from mobile, web browsers, and multifunctional scanners. Uploads can be further automated through Enadoc’s My Workspace on MS Flows.
On top of these features, TOG outperformed the competition:
- With over 60 SP projects, millions of Enadoc scans, and over 300 Azure deployments globally;
- TOG support was real-time, with ready assistance from MS local & regional offices;
- Document archival through Enadoc and workflow automation through SP had a seamless integration, with these companies experiencing an ease of adoption into their day-to-day activities, and customized triggers/alerts for new and expiring contracts, permission-based access, and approvals.
Only TOG was able to provide the expertise and backend integration of Enadoc into their SP Online. Because of this:
- Over 500,000 documents (and counting) have been secured and digitized;
- Workflows are now centralized between departments, with calendar triggers for expiring documents;
- Enadoc provided a very cost-effective solution to UNILAB: No additional third party apps and licenses were purchased;
- UNILAB is now rolling out this document workflow to Vietnam, Hong Kong, Singapore, and China;
- Adoption has been high and fast throughout 1,800 employees.
MERCHANT BANK OF SRI LANKA & FINANCE PLC
MBSL is one of the pioneer investment and merchant banks in Sri Lanka and is known for its expertise in corporate advisory and capital markets, leasing, trade and project finance. MBSL is one of the largest banks in the country, with over 48 branches and 234 employees.
When Tech One was tapped by MBSL in 2016, they wanted to prioritize improvements in their loan approval process. Credit managers spent days scanning and encoding lengthy application forms. The process of sending documents from one branch to another was time consuming and was prone to data loss. Loan approvals took weeks as there were layers of processes and signatories for approvals. MBSL needed to transform their loan approval process to avoid losing customers.
Tech One Global was able to resolve this through its end-to-end solution which involved Microsoft O365, SharePoint, and Enadoc on Azure. This ECM solution is able to integrate with core banking applications and automates forms approval, assigns triggers to a predefined list of approving authority, and workflows along with document management.
The solution also enables a collaborative workflow by allowing officers to simultaneously to complete applications for loans. It is also integrated into MBSL’s fraud detection system which prevents approval of loan applications deemed suspicious from duplicity.
Since implementation of Tech One’s solution, MBSL was able to reduce the administration cost paid upfront by customers for loans processing, was able to cut down loan approvals from two weeks to two hours, and was able to own a cost-effective solution when compared to competitors.
Dhiraagu is the leading provider of telecommunications and digital services in Maldives. The company has over half a million subscribers of mobile, internet, data, fixed line, and TV services in the country. Dhiraagu has over 10 offices strategically located in the country.
When Dhiraagu approached Tech One Global in 2015, they faced a daunting challenge: Subscriber’s application forms and details were in an offsite storage facility and still predominantly in paper form. New applications, SIM sale applications, NIC copies, and office files totaled 3,000 per day and the organization still managed these files manually from one department to another, slowing down business processes and resulting to files being lost in transit and prone to damage when disaster strikes.
The solution provided by Tech One Global was an end-to-end ECM process covering 1200 users and 10 departments involving: document capture, archiving and access on the fly through Enadoc, transitioning into automated business workflows through SharePoint, and integration with their existing systems which included SQL server reporting.
Since implementation of this project, cross-departments are able to access customer/subscriber details real time, hence improving customer service, operational efficiency, and lowering down costs for physical file storage.