APPLICATIONS & INFRASTRUCTURE
APPS INNOVATION CATEGORY
App Innovation solutions should focus on:
- Reaching the targets user audience through multiple device platforms
- Providing a seamless experience across devices by providing unique user experiences
- Leveraging structured and unstructured data, and providing real time recommendations through hot path and cold path data sources
- Enhancing user experience through Artificial Intelligence
- Apps developed while maintaining DevOps best-practices
Executive Summary: Partners will be asked to address and respond to the specific points below in an executive summary format. Partners may also upload up to four (4) supporting documents and four (4) supporting URL links to support their executive summary/entry.
- Choose one solution. Describe the specific customer scenario(s) and problem(s) solved by the solution. Include your Customer’s business challenge or problem and provide examples of the before and after solution implementation scenarios.
- Please describe the benefits & business impact of your solution and the products (include version) and technologies used.
- How has basing your solution on Microsoft’s technologies helped position your organization for growth or transformation to adapt to the cloud? How has it helped your win against the competition in a customer situation from a technical and business perspective?
- Is this solution specific to one particular customer or does it have broader market potential? Upload or provide outside references or data sources that illustrate exceptional customer experience or satisfaction (links to published articles, case studies, videos, customer testimonials, etc.).
There is a reason why Tech One Global (TOG) is Microsoft Go-to-Partner for Azure. TOG has been recognized in building innovative solutions to clients with complex businesses. A purpose-built solution on Azure, Enadoc has empowered organizations globally to secure their digital assets and has continuously evolved to respond to rapid changes in today’s technological landscape.
AG & P: SECURING OVER 3M DIGITAL ASSETS
Atlantic Gulf & Pacific (AG&P) is a global leader in B2B solutions specializing in modularized infrastructure projects, skilled onsite construction, and LNG end-to-end process. Through its regional headquarters (HQ) in the Philippines, it is able to cater to the requirements of the energy, oil & gas, and industrial sectors.
In late 2015, AG&P Philippines still relied heavily on manual processes for 201 file retrieval and in obtaining documentation and clearances for each project. With over 50 years’ worth of physical documents and US$100M worth of equipment transported from warehouses to manufacturing facilities, this became a major choke point that can lead to unwarranted accidents, project delays, law suits, operational and financial loss.
- There was a need to securely digitize over 3M documents and collate these into a central depository. These were confidential documents: 201 files, legal contracts, financial documents, gate passes, permits, and clearances.
- Over 17,000 contractual employees were in high risk occupational roles with movements from multiple projects. HR needed to stay on top of this, ensuring that alerts are automated for swift processing of personnel based on stipulated contractual obligations.
- Mission-critical apps and data were still in on-premise Oracle ERP which restricted accessibility of information outside office confines. There was a need to digitize files, secure and automate workflows on-the-go.
- Over 12 workflows were on-premise: gate pass, supply requisition, contract management and clearance, cash advances and project time shifts. Approvals go through 8 to 15 signatories, with propensity for delays and file loss in transit.
- Solution has to be scalable: Millions of files are being added yearly.
- AG&P required exacting compliance to strict international safety standards (ISO 9001,14001, OHSAS18001) and the Data Privacy Act (DPA).
UNILAB: A SHIFT INTO ECM
UNILAB is the largest pharmaceutical company in Southeast Asia, with HQ in the Philippines. This giant accounts for 25% or $875M of the $3.5B local industry and is a growing presence in Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, and China. In 2017, UNILAB was using multiple DMS. The challenge was to:
- Find an Enterprise Content Management Solution (ECM) to handle millions of digital assets of this 70-year old company, streamline document workflows and integrate it into a secure and centralized system;
- Secure document workflows within the Legal, Medical Affairs, and Credit Operations departments which handles sensitive files: invoice & collection, R&D papers, secret formulas, and legal documents.
- The company was using Documentum and SharePoint (SP) Online. SP features were not being maximized.
- UNILAB required compliance to ISO and DPA;
- The company tapped other technology solutions provider but was not successful did not reach these objectives.
MIDAS SAFETY: PAPERLESS FOR THE FIRST TIME
Midas Safety is a top global manufacturing company of private-label safety and industrial gloves, with HQ in Canada and facilities in Asia. In 2017, management decided to go paperless:
- This 30-year old company was still heavily relying on physical retrieval of files: Some hard to locate, some unrecoverable;
- Storage capacity and the associated costs of maintaining physical files were a growing concern;
- The lack of document workflow was impeding productivity.
- They were exacting in compliance with ISO standards and data privacy.
- There was an urgent need to roll out, with the first phase of implementation covering the Logistics Department in Sri Lanka.
WHY ENADOC? WHY TOG?
While several DMS and competing platform providers were evaluated by these companies, Enadoc stood out:
- It is the only solution that offers the flexibility of subscription-based cloud, on private cloud, or on-premise solutions;
- Enadoc runs on Azure service components: App Services, SQL & Storage, Data Management, Virtual Machines, Networking. Azure is the only data privacy compliant platform in the market;
- Built in are: A user-friendly interface, powerful document/Image capture from any format/whichever state is it in, library indexing, records management, user & permission controls, keyword search, dynamic redaction, and disaster recovery;
- It seamlessly integrates with Microsoft Content Services Platforms: SP, O365 (i.e. Outlook and Flows) and third party business apps & systems: ERP, CRM, HRMS, or legacy applications, converting it into an end-to-end ECM solution;
- Enadoc is continuously evolving to address client’s on-the-go needs. Its companion app Enadoc 365 on Android & IOS allows direct capture/uploads from mobile, web browsers, and multifunctional scanners. Uploads can be further automated through Enadoc’s My Workspace on MS Flows.
On top of these features, TOG outperformed the competition:
- With over 60 SP projects, millions of Enadoc scans, and over 300 Azure deployments globally;
- TOG support was real-time, with ready assistance from MS local & regional offices;
- For AG&P there was an urgent need to start on-premise while workflows are being migrated into Azure. Availability of Enadoc on-prem provided that transition;
- Document archival through Enadoc and workflow automation through SP had a seamless integration, with these companies experiencing an ease of adoption into their day-to-day activities, and customized triggers/alerts for new and expiring contracts, permission-based access, and approvals.
Enadoc paved the way for AG&P’s move into Azure. Since deployment of Enadoc on premise (2015) and Enadoc on Azure (2017), significant results value included:
- Continuing to pride itself in a safety culture with a completion of 48M consecutive hours of no loss time incident as of February 2018;
- Over 6M documents migrated into Enadoc with departments utilizing it as integral component of day-to-day work;
- With most workflows now in SP, and AG&P being accustomed to Azure, data storage is in the process of migration to Azure SQL.
Gayan Weerasinghe, Systems Manager of AG&P remarked, “We no longer worry about maintaining a lot of servers, access to critical information is now on the go. Enadoc on-prem was a compromise solution in the first stage but we now have moved entirely to Enadoc on Azure. It is now a critical tool to manage our sensitive & day-to-day documents. We know that our documents are encrypted and have a good security policy. We did not measure the ROI but really experienced it. Previously, we had to sift through hard copies of 201 files, now we just search it through Enadoc.”
Only TOG was able to provide the expertise and backend integration of Enadoc into their SP Online. Because of this:
- Over 500,000 documents (and counting) have been secured and digitized;
- Workflows are now centralized between departments, with calendar triggers for expiring documents;
- Enadoc provided a very cost-effective solution to UNILAB: No additional third party apps and licenses were purchased;
- UNILAB is now rolling out this document workflow to Vietnam, Hong Kong, Singapore, and China;
- Adoption has been high and fast throughout 1,800 employees.
Enadoc enabled Midas to venture into the cloud. Through Enadoc on Azure, the company:
- Went paperless from an original 100% physical file storage set up;
- Saved on physical storage costs and space;
- Measured increase in productivity, cutting file retrieval time from 30 to 5 minutes, and removing duplicate copies into the system.
- Next phase of roll out will be in Oman, Dubai, and Saudi Arabia.